Dear Honor Band Participants:
The results of the 2022 MSU Honor Band Clinic auditions are listed here. Congratulations to everyone who made it! We ask that you review them closely to determine your status in our Honor Band program. As we have stated, the selections were based on the recorded auditions that were submitted in November. Students in the Wind Symphony are listed according to their chair placement. All other participants are listed alphabetically and will receive their chair placement at the clinic. If your name is not listed, we thank you for your audition, but we are unable to offer you a position at this time.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: If you have been selected, you are required to respond to http://tinyurl.com/msuhbc and let us know if you will be able to participate in the Honor Band Clinic. We must receive your responses by 5:00 pm on Monday, January 10. If we have not heard from you by then, we will remove your name from the list of participants.
Other Important Information:
- The clinic will be held January 27 – 29, 2022. A complete schedule will be distributed at registration.
- Registration: Jazz and Percussion Ensembles – Thursday (1/27) from 8:00 – 9:00 am at the Band Hall. All other participants – Thursday (1/27) from 2:00 – 4:30 pm at the Band Hall
- Seating of the bands will take place Thursday at 6:30 pm after a concert by the Honor Jazz Band, Honor Percussion Ensemble, and the MSU Jazz Ensemble at Lee Hall.
- Registration Fee: $45.00 per student. Paid on site at registration. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS! Please plan to pay by cash, money order, cashier’s check, official school check, or band booster check.
- Participants will receive a T-shirt and a medal.
- You are responsible for providing your own housing and adult supervision during the clinic. You can find contact information on local hotels included in this packet.
- You will need to dress for the final concert as you would for your own school concerts (concert black or band uniform). Honor Jazz Band and Percussion Ensemble members will wear khaki pants and the clinic t-shirt for their concert.
- YOU MUST BRING A MUSIC STAND!!! With the large number of students attending this year’s clinic, we will be unable to provide stands. Percussionists must bring their own mallets/ sticks.
- The final concert will be held Saturday (1/29) at 12:30 pm in Lee Hall.
- If you are unfamiliar with the MSU campus, please visit http://map.msstate.edu to download a campus map.
- High school seniors who wish to audition for the MSU Famous Maroon Band will have an opportunity to do so on Friday (1/28). For audition requirements, please refer to our website http://msuband.msstate.edu > How Do I Join?
Please remember to bring a copy of your audition piece with you to leave with our staff.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at 662-325-2713 or email@example.com.
Elva Kaye Lance
Director of Bands