Scholarship Audition Dates/Information
Contact the Band Office at 662-325-2713 to schedule your audition.
Our plan is to offer in person auditions for high school seniors and community college transfers during the spring semester. Of course, the process is subject to change depending on COVID procedures.
Audition Dates are below (all by appointment)
- Weekdays during Spring semester through the end of March
- Friday, January 29, 2021
- Friday, February 5, 2021
- Saturday, February 13, 2021
- Saturday, March 13, 2021
Brass & Woodwind Scholarship Audition Requirements
- 5 major scales (Student's choice. 2 octaves where appropriate.)
- A chromatic scale
- A 1-2 minute prepared piece that demonstrates your best qualities as a musician
- Sight reading
Percussion Scholarship Audition Requirements
Percussionists are encouraged to audition on multiple instruments, but this is not required.
- Snare Drum
- 5 rudiments (Student's choice. Open-Closed-Open)
- Long Roll
- A 1-2 minute prepared piece (on concert or marching snare) that demonstrates your best qualities as a musician
- Sight reading
- Mallet Percussion
- Same as Brass & Woodwind requirements
- Etude or solo
- Percussionists must also be placed successfully on the drumline to receive a scholarship award. See below.
- Drumline auditions will be held virtually this year. Please see the main page for more information!
- Colorguard auditions will be held virtually this year. Please see the main page for more information!
- There will be no feature twirler auditions this year.